Need advice? Just wanna talk?
Did you read a poem you loved?
Post your thoughts here

My sO-CaLLeD LiFe
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Depression

I think I'm depressed. I have a reason, of course, but I want it to stop. I can't concentrate on my school work, I can't hang out with my friends without being sad... I can't even eat.

One of my friends is just making it worse. She calls me 'emo' and 'cutter' and I just want her to stop. My other friend is my best guy friend, and I'm really starting to like him, a lot. He always gives me so much support... But I'm afraid to ask him out because if he says no, or if I move like my parents are planning, I'm just going to have worse depression.

I'm not sure what to do. I've only promised myself one thing; I'm not going to kill myself. I just, want to be happy again.

Any ideas on how I can be happier?

~Lindsay [13]

Re: Depression

i know how you feel. i am so like you, almost exactly. my friend calls me emo too, and i like my guy friend. i am so depressed about my life and im sad SO much. everyone has coping techniques.. they are all different.

i suggest talking to people, either parents, friend, teachers, or a psychiatrist. [did i spell that right?]

find ur own way to be happy, maybe take a really hot shower or read, or take a walk.

im so sorry u feel this way i wanna help if i can.

Thank you. =]
It already helps to know there are people out there who feel the same way.
Of course, it sucks... But it's good to know I'm not alone.

well one way to maybe be happier is to not put all your eggs in one basket. try not to put all of your thoughts and energy and time into this one guy, because like you said, if he doesnt want to date you, youll get even more depressed. i would diversify. try to find lots of different passions in life, different friends from different places, etc.. that way, if you ever have guy trouble, youll still have other things in life to fall back on and that make you want to keep on living and that can get you through the tough times. and if at some point you do start dating someone, you can see it as an addition to an already abundant life, rather than the only thing in life.

hope this helps. :)

i am 13 as well and i totally understand where you are coming from. I think that you should find a hobby or something you are very passionate about to get your mind off things. reading or listening to songs helps me escape from depression. also, love is a risk and it will always be a risk, it's your choice on whether you are ready or not to put yourself out there and take it.