OraMedia - Dental Self Sufficiency Forum

Greetings!

I've moved the discussion from the original Yahoo Groups to this location in order to attempt the categorization of discussion a little better.
    The purpose of the OraMedia site was to disseminate the works of Dr. Robert O. Nara (DDS)( see 'Freedom from Dental Disease' ).  It would be best to become acquainted with some of his work and points of view on oral health before getting involved here.  In addition, Dr. Nara wrote a couple of very popular books on the subject, 'Money by the Mouthful' and 'How to Become Dentally Self Sufficient.'
    At the very least, please read 'The 7 Factors Transcript,' which covers the 7 factors or principles Dr. Nara set up as guides for keeping our teeth healthy for life.  This is a transcript of the last speech he gave with the National Health Federation in San Francisco, 1986, and covers the following:

1.    Nutrition
2.    Frame of Reference
3.    Options
4.    Knowledge
5.    Understanding the biological balance
6.    Taking Action
7.    Money

The discussions, therefore, will be broken down into those categories, so if you are going to write about Vitamin D, as it relates to oral health, then post in the 'Nutrition' Subject thread and so on.
    This interface has a search function, so you are encouraged to use it, as time goes by, to see if your question to the group has already been covered.  If you want to view the subjects in a given category, click on "Switch to Threaded Style" just below here.

Thank you,
Tom Cornwell
Administrator

OraMedia - Dental Self Sufficiency Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nutrition

This thread will cover Factor #1, Nutrition.
Dr. Nara touches briefly on this here (from 'The 7 Factors Transcript'):

This thread will cover Factor #1, Nutrition. Dr. Nara touches briefly on this here (from 'The 7 Factors Transcript'):

"The first one is nutrition. Now, number one on the list of almost anything that has to do with health, obviously, is that if you don’t eat right you’re not going to be very healthy. I mean, you folks know far more about that than I do. I’m not trained in nutrition and you’ve been studying probably a lot longer than I have, but the basic building blocks of the body are pretty obvious to most of us that have paid any attention.

We know that there are certain vitamins and minerals and ingredients that we should take in. The teeth are really not a whole lot different than your bones. The teeth are made up of primarily calcium and phosphorus and the form of various phosphate compounds. The only difference between the teeth and the bone really, is that the teeth have more calcium in it and less of the organic type of materials that help make up the jawbone; so I’m not here to tell you anything about what you should be eating. You know more about that probably than I do...

...Now, all of you have been exposed to some of the aspects of things like vitamin C and what it does for our bodies and how to keep your body healthy and more defensive to diseases...

So ‘nutrition’ is one of the key factors..."

Re: Nutrition - Further

So, if you want to discuss juicing, the merits of raw foods vs cooked, vitamin or mineral supplements, etc., please simply "Reply" to the original post on Nutrition, so we can keep that category a category... If you want to reply to someone's Post, hit reply. If you want to start a new subject under the topic of nutrition, go to the original post and reply to it - altering the 'Subject' as I did above by adding " - further"

Tom

Re: Nutrition - AARP on Herbs

If any of you get the AARP Bulletins, today's email newsletter has a story about the cautions of taking herbal supplements. I see it as a part of an ongoing campaign of playing into people's fears about supplements - slowly eroding the confidence level. Read the article here:
http://www.aarp.org/health/staying_healthy/eating/herbal_supplements_are_they_safe.html

Re: Nutrition - Homemade Vitamin C

Here's a recipe for making your own Vitamin C:

http://mizar5.com/Make_Your_Own_Vitamin_C.html

-Tom

Re: Nutrition

I have a question about root canals. I had one that didnt work is there anything i can do besides have the tooth extracted. I have a slight infection on the gum right now. It is my front tooth. I had 2 root canals. The first one didnt work. The second one was an apico.