BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bo's inspirations

There are literally hundreds of songs which utilise the world-famous BO DIDDLEY beat, as first popularized by BO DIDDLEY in 1955.

Some of the more popular songs include Elvis Presley's "His Latest Flame" and The Strangeloves' "I Want Candy", both from the 1960s, and in more recent years, Shirley & Company's "Shame Shame Shame", George Michael's "Faith", Will Young's "Switch It On" and KT Tunstall's "Black Horse & The Cherry Tree".

David (Webmaster).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We have received the following message from Reggy in the Netherlands. Many thanks, Reggy.

David (Webmaster)

-------------------------

Sad to hear Bo Diddley is in the hospital upon a heart attack. Hope his heart will keep beating a little longer the unique Bo Diddley rhythm. Which other individual can claim to be responsible for inventing a rhythm?

How many songs (not covers) by other artists we can find based upon his beat? I came up with these.

Who - Magic Bus
Rolling Stones/Buddy Holly - Not fade away
Springsteen - She's the one
Elliott Murphy - Bilbao Bo Diddley
Greg Kihn - Love's made a fool of you
U2 - Desire
Tom Petty - A mind with a heart of it's own

Please add ...

Re: Re: Bo's inspirations

Thanks David, any more interesting from rockbands? As I said, in my eyes it is so great that an individual human being "invented" a rhythm. Someone came up with Allman Brothers - "No one left to run with anymore" and Dire Straits - "Calling Elvis".

Reggy