BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BO DIDDLEY "one tough *******" - Cinema Blend website

The following article written by Music Editor Mack Rawden appeared on the Cinema Blend website recently.

David (Webmaster).

---------------------

Diddley Defeats Heart Attack
By Mack Rawden: 2007-09-04 21:26:21

Bo Diddley is one tough *******. The seventy-eight year old was recently hospitalized after suffering a heart attack, but after his condition significantly improved, doctors let him return home. He’s battled both hypertension and diabetes in the past, but the Rock N Roll legend appears to be fighting back with the same vigor and good spirits that made him a crowd favorite for nearly five decades.

According to The L.A. Times, Diddley has even refused to cancel his upcoming European tour, instead choosing to postpone it. What a badass. I’m pretty sure I will be long gone by my mid seventies, but if I’m still kicking, I sincerely hope it will be with the determination and crazy codger attitude that Bo is currently showing.

Diddley is probably best remembered for his pioneering guitar riff that completely changed the musical landscape. The succinct grouping of musical notes is still widely used today and has been implemented or covered in hits by everyone from Bow Wow Wow to Aerosmith.

http://www.cinemablend.com/music/Diddley-Defeats-Heart-Attack-6189.html

(c) Cinema Blend 2007