BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: One cold Alaskan winter in 1975-1976

Hi J,

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful recollection of a BO DIDDLEY performance in Alas. more than 30 years ago.

Anytime that BO DIDDLEY hits the stage, the audience will always get the best performance that he knows how to give and this often includes a freewheeling mix of opera, rap, soul, funk, classical, rhythm & blues and rock & roll.

Good to hear from you, J!

David (Webmaster).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

It must have been twenty below zero when Bo Diddleys play date rolled around at the University of Anchorage that winter in the mid-70s. I wasn't a student at that school but I was a student of Bo's since childhood. There was no way I was missing that concert. About 18 people felt the same.

We were huddled in a small auditorium doubting our sanity and expecting it was too cold for a Mississippi bluesman to make an appearance, but what a treat.

He came out telling us we were few, but we were going to sound like a million. He then proceeded to streach the acoustics of that auditorium in ways I did not think possible. He started with opera! I swear he wrapped his rich baritone around us and warmed the place up. Is there any other account of him doing this?

By the time he was done he had taken us through a history of music and rocked our socks off. And then neatly put them back where they belonged so we didn't freeze our tootsies of in the freezing night air.

Thanks Bo! Thanks for taking it to the limit everytime. God Bless!