BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BO DIDDLEY tributes from the stars

BO DIDDLEY tributes from the stars:

"Bo Diddley was a music pioneer and legend with a unique style. We always had a good time when we played together, but his legacy will live on forever". (BB King)

"People will say when someone new comes along, that he's kind of like this guy or that guy. They will never, ever say, "Oh, he's like Bo Diddley". He was as one-of-a-kind as you could possibly imagine". (Dave Marsh, music historian)

"Bo Diddley's voice and relentless, glorious anthems echo down through my years. Without him, the history of music would not have developed as it has. This royal shape shifter continues to influence four generations of musicians on a daily basis". (Robert Plant)

"Bo Diddley was one of rock 'n' roll's true pioneers. He leaves an indelible mark on American music and culture and our deepest sympathies go out to his family, friends and fans. The Bo Diddley beat surely will continue on". (Neil Portnow, The Recording Academy)

"Bo Diddley was a monumental figure in early rock 'n' roll, a huge influence on everyone. He was a wonderful man, a true original musician and beloved the world over. He will be sorely missed". (Bonnie Raitt)

"He's a huge hero of mine and the fact that he knew who I was was a huge compliment. Bo Diddley created a myth that was uniquely his own. An entire rhythm is owed to just one guy and that's pretty rare. He was such a trooper and a timeless individual. I'm hoping the pioneers of rock like Bo Diddley won't be forgotten". (Slash, Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver)

"I first heard Bo Diddley in 1966. I knew The Rolling Stones were big on this guy and I got a copy of Bo Diddley's "16 All-Time Greatest Hits" and flipped over it and played it constantly. I first met him in 1979 and as years went on we got closer and closer. It's an honor to be associated with his great music. I just had "Hand Jive" on last night. It goes, "A doctor, a lawyer and an indian chief/They all dig that Diddley beat". That says it all". (George Thorogood)

"I've always felt that Bo Diddley was a groundbreaker and an innovator. It was guys like Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Johnny Otis that did things in their eras that will never be matched. Here we are 50 and 60 years later, and people are still appreciating what a man like Bo Diddley did. While we may not overall be fans of rock and roll, we should understand that it is the foundation of what our music is today. There would not be hip hop, doo *** and R&B if not for rock. Unfortunately, it's hard for today's generation to appreciate the nostalgia that Bo Diddley brings. He may be considered rock and roll, but we also know that we invented the genre. Rock and roll belongs to us; we just gave it away". (Lorenzo Williams, Hip Hop Hall of Fame and Edutainment Center)

Re: BO DIDDLEY tributes from the stars

There has been great coverage for Bo in the past week.
All our major news services featured his passing with high prominence.
It is also great to see so many nice tributes and clips on youtube.
David your role in keeping Bo's legend alive