BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BO DIDDLEY tributes: new documentary, songbooks in the works

Two new songbooks of BO DIDDLEY's music are due for publication shortly:

"Bo Diddley Memorial Songbook 1928-2008" (ISBN 978-1847727596) is published by Omnibus Press in the UK. The 80 pages include photographs and a biography, plus a total of 14 songs with song notes arranged for piano, voice and guitar. The song titles are: "Before You Accuse Me", "Bo Diddley", "Crackin' Up", "Hey, Good Lookin'", "I Can Tell", "I'm A Man", "Mona" (aka "I Need You Baby"), "Pills", "Pretty Thing", "Ride On Josephine", "Road Runner", "Say Man", "Who Do You Love" and "You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover".

"Bo Diddley Guitar Solos" by Fred Sokolow (ISBN 978-1423464136) is due for publication in January 2009 by the Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation. The 96 pages include note-for-note transcriptions with tabs for 18 of his best-known songs, along with detailed information about his unique style. The song titles are: "Bo Diddley", "Bo's Guitar", "Bring It To Jerome", "Crackin' Up", "Diddley Daddy", "Diddy Wah Diddy" "Gunslinger", "Hey Bo Diddley", "I'm A Man", "Mona" (aka "I Need You Baby"), "Mumblin' Guitar", "Oh Yea", "Road Runner", "Sad Sack", "Say Man", "She's Fine, She's Mine", "Who Do You Love" and "You Don't Love Me (You Don't Care)".

A deal is also currently in the works with New York-based TV production company Apostle, created by stand-up comedian and actor Denis Leary and his business partner Jim Serpico, for a documentary that will tell BO DIDDLEY's story.

Finally, in the town of Bronson in north-central Florida, the Bronson Youth League Park has been renamed the BO DIDDLEY Memorial Park.

Apostle Pictures website: http://www.apostlenyc.com/

David (Webmaster).

Re: BO DIDDLEY tributes: new documentary, songbooks in the works

its about friggin time