BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VIDEO: BO DIDDLEY tribute: "Meeting BO DIDDLEY"

Video Detail:

BO DIDDLEY tribute. The popular and talented rock & roll performer Lance Lipinsky pays tribute. (Contains extracts from the 1966 AIP movie "The Big TNT Show"). "Me and my friend Dean Z got to meet him in 2006... we were rehearsing down the street and rushed over just in time to catch this show... we were the only young people there and looking back on it, I think we appreciated it the most. The show was great and we were so fortunate to see a legend of his status... I never would've thought in my lifetime I would get to seen an original Rock & Roller like him much less meet him... nor did I ever think I would actually see a new Rocky movie in the theater but it happened. I managed to tape a little bit of Bo's conversation with us and he genuinely wanted to talk to us and know what we were about. There was a long line of people waiting to meet him and the ushers could tell we wanted to meet him bad... so they let us through first. When we went backstage, there was Bo, sitting on a big chair facing the door relaxed, like a king on a throne waiting for his fans. It was so funny. It was almost like he was waiting for his people... he was relaxed, had a drink and a towel, now he was ready to sign autographs...it was sort of like meeting Santa Claus in school, he was just waiting there for us to tell him what we wanted for Christmas! We talked to him for a little while then they started letting other people in. When we felt like other people had gotten their turn too, we went back up to him and talked again, I joked about the Ed Sullivan show. It was a great experience. We love you Bo". Lance Lipinsky's MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lancelipinsky (Date/location: September 2006, Atlantic City, NJ):

Video clip courtesy of YouTube. Requires the latest version of the Adobe Flash player to view. Please refer to the Help pages at YouTube.com if you have any problems viewing this video. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the video clip shall remain the property of the owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfdDl5pjxFk