BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remembering Bo

I have to admit that I was totally shocked to find out that tapes had been removed (stolen) from Bo's house after he suffered the stroke. These tapes contained music that he had accumulated over many decades, as well as material that we recorded at his various home studios we set up in Hawthorne, FL 1981-85, Archer, FL 1987-89, Albuquerque, NM 1990-92 and Archer, FL 1992-2007.

The stolen tapes contain performances by Bo and myself, Jatonne Mitchell, Terri McDaniel, Kim Farinacci, Misty Mayhem, Hamilton Loomis and other people who were friends of Bo's who would come by the house and contribute. I made drum beats, played guitar, bass, keyboards and sang on lots of material that was taken. Some of these same sessions gave us material for 'Wreck It', AND SOMEONE* SAID "SOUNDED UNPROFESSIONAL"

Bo wanted to have his OWN website, but it never happened until he passed.

Bo wanted to put out the "confiscated music" as
"Bo's Best Junk" with him standing inside a pawn shop, but it never happened until he passed.

He wanted rappers to use his music for sampling but it didn't happen until he passed.

He wanted to do commercials and advertisements to keep his name out there, but it never happened until I contacted Crate Amps and Klipsch Speakers. I contacted Fender, Warwick, Zoom, One Touch (diabetes monitor)and other companies on his behalf because I felt his management did nothing except stand in his way of being a free man. I told him that I felt his management wanted him to struggle.

I tried to get him to find new management but he was AFRAID to start over and said he knew who he was watching and didn't want to learn someone new. He also said that he felt he would be blackballed and that his career would suffer if he left.

When Marty Otelsberg was in death, painted as someone who was ripping Bo off, as Bo always said "someone STILL has their hand in the cookie jar"

What made Bernie Madoff trustworthy in the beginning?

What makes a business trustworthy is transparency.

Why is it that Bo's heirs are in more darkness than he was, concerning his business dealings? Is it because the people entrusted to "manage" his affairs are more educated than his heirs and therefor able to maintain the level of secrecy they have chosen to maintain.

When the time is right, I will divulge who the "someone" is because things are not as happy as they seem people.

Diddley was for the people!