BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum

BO DIDDLEY-The Originator Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Thorogood salutes his Chess Records heroes

George Thorogood & The Destroyers are set to release a new studio album, "2120 South Michigan Avenue", on Tuesday July 12th 2011. On the album, George salutes his Chess Records heroes, including BO DIDDLEY, Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and more.

On their 17th studio album, George Thorogood & The Destroyers pay tribute to their Chess Records heroes, including many of George's legendary mentors who helped to launch his career in rock & roll.

Named for the address of Chess Records' Chicago headquarters at 2120 South Michigan Avenue, the 13-track album will be released by Capitol/EMI on July 12th on CD, vinyl LP and digital download. "2120'" features Thorogood's raw, rocking turn on classics by a who's who of the blues, including BO DIDDLEY (the classic "Bo Diddley"), Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson and other Chess greats, as well as new original songs written by Thorogood, the album's producer, Tom Hambridge, and Richard Fleming.

George Thorogood is proud to honor Chess Records' architects of modern blues and rock & roll, saying "Chuck Berry and BO DIDDLEY are religion to me. I know their ears and eyes are on me, so I have to nail it."

BoDiddley.com Forum: Exclusive Interview with George Thorogood (August 2009): http://www.bodiddley.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/400615/pid/undefined?789