Return to Website

Paul Michael Glaser Official Website Forum

Welcome to the message forum for Paul Michael Glaser's Official Website!

Forum: Paul Michael Glaser Official Website Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: A poem for Paul and friends....

I've been a fan for many years and want to comment on Jo's message. I've not been party to the stuff she talks about but I've notice4d that a hostile & negative element has become active over the last few years. I've seen quarrels on various message boards with the same name/s appearing time & time again and IMO these fights have resulted in lasting bad feeling. A few people seem to spend an awful lot of their time posting messages every day on different sites as well as writing S&H fan fiction and making fan vids. Fine, if that's what they enjoy but this amount of involvment must make it harder to keep a balanced sense of perspective.

It's a real pity that this impression has been given of Paul's fans because I'm sure it's down to a tiny minority and the less vocal more positive majority have not been involved. I've genuinely found the way Paul has responded to his life experiences to be a great example, I admire his spiritual approach and am interested in keeping up to date with what he's up to. Many of us can keep trying to learn from his words but it involves walking the walk, not just talking the talk. I have seen somebody refer to them (this is not aimed at Jo or Pam) only to almost immediately make mean-spirited, negative remarks on another site and be oblivious to the hypocricy.

I really hope this tiny minority can change their ways but I won't hold my breath. None of us are perfect and I don't judge them but I certainly don't want to be associated with the way they like to operate. It's all such a shame. If I was in Paul's shoes and knew about any of this I wouldn't feel like having much to do with my fans.

Pam, thanks for all your hard work under what must sometimes be horrible circumstances.

Sorry but I don't feel comfortable leaving my name for obvious reasons.

Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by Trudy! - Aug 13, 2008 10:18am
Re: Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by hilly - Aug 13, 2008 12:12pm
Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by Pam - Aug 13, 2008 12:52pm
Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by Silvia - Aug 15, 2008 3:41am
Re: Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by Jenny - Aug 19, 2008 7:23am
Re: Re: Re: A poem for Paul and friends.... - by Hilly - Aug 21, 2008 5:38pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com