Return to Website

Life-Long Learning

If you have ever wanted to raise an issue about any educational topic, or have a coment or question for the AutoCAD Forum, now is your chance. You can say, and / or, ask whatever you like - maybe someone will have the answer.

Life-Long Learning
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: a real easy question!?

Adam

Thanks for posting the question.

When using AutoCAD, you should work in 'full size', ie. 1:1, and only consider scales, paper size, etc., when you are about to print or plot.

If you go to the layout section and set up your output device - it will give you the various paper sizes that you can output to and the resultant 'paper size' will be adusted automatically for you.

From then, you can set the output scale to fit the paper or your own requirements.

A1 is usually 801 x 579, but this will be affected by your particular printer / plotter margins.

Hope this helps

Peter

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi, can any one tell me the size i need to set up my drawing space for it to be A1 size (as in an A1 sized rectangle)? I'm a student and not been learning it that long. i reckon i've got it right, but if anyone could tell me, so i can check, that would be great!

regards,

adam