Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tyrone Powers Pinky ring-a message from the family

Recently I put a question into yahoo answer about Ty's ring. I notiiced it in many films and wondered if this was a ring he wore always as some fils he did not and other he did. I got the following message back from "The power family" on the message reply. This is very interesting information.I was thrilled to get a reply and from the family it seems but anyway........
This is the reply I got.......

It was a family heirloom, and many men involved in the British theatre wore a pinky ring - Power was emulating them since he came from a theatrical family.

When his soon was born in 1959, there was a lot of publicity about it. When Debbie came home from the hospital, the house, the house had been robbed and the ring was one of the things gone.
Source(s):
the Power family

I thought you all might like to know this.
alex

Re: Tyrone Powers Pinky ring-a message from the family

Great to hear, Alex. Maybe the family might note who the lady is in the picture with their grandfather.

It's nice that the family answered your question. Sad that Ty's belongings were taken--imagine having to come back to a break in after giving birth to your child and soon after the loss of your husband!

I guess would have to post it on yahoo and hope for a reply or I could post it in a reply to the one they sent me back. Do you think it is OK to do that MV just attach the photo somehow on yahoo as it is so public. Maybe not as I might get alot of odd replies back.

Maybe I will just send a note perhaps and see if they reply. That might be best.
What do you think.?

Also was he robbed that we know of, was it in the news back then or just a low key thing that they did not publicise maybe. Hard to know I guess but WAS that reply from the power family.?mm I would Like to think it was. Oh Well.

Hi, I'm the one that wrote the message on yahoo. My source was Ty Power Jr. If I can answer any questions (if I know the answers) I'll be glad to answer them. But people on this site probably know as much as I do.

Hello Maria,
Thankyou for the information on yahoo. It was very interesting to know so now when I watch his movies and I see the pinky ring I now know the story.

thanks so much!!

Lexie