Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TCM Forgets!!

As an ardent admirer of TP for nearly 50 years, I naturally want him to get his due. And for this most special day, I expect more. For those who've read my posts you know I have a running gripe with TCM, but I am absolutely livid. 'Rose of Washington Square' aired today, but NOT in connection with Ty's birthday or Alice Faye who shares the day. It was for Fanny Brice and Osbourne never mentioned the birthdays of either star. For all the largely forgotten featured players whose birthdays are feted with hours of film showings, it is a huge insult to a giant like TP to be so overlooked. Thumbs down as well to the Fox Movie Channel, associated with the studio of which Ty was kingpin for years. Their programmers need to hear from us who are offended by this gross 'over-slight.'

Re: TCM Forgets!!

Very sad indeed and unfortunately so true!!!

Thankfully Joanne hasn't forgotten and maintains this wonderful site honoring Ty's life and career. So kudos to Joanne!!!

Re: TCM Forgets!!

They disgust me.

I wrote a letter to the head of programming and I never heard back. I hoped that instead of replying, we would just see Tyrone honored. So far, no! I pointed out to them that I understood that they don't honor everyone's 100th birthday, but this was a case where a lot of people requested it. Why do they have a website for suggestions and comments and then don't pay any attention to it?

I say keep commenting, keep requesting his movies, and keep making your feelings known. It's the only way. They finally got a license to show Fox films after years of comments.

Robert Osborne: [Tyrone Power].."illegally handsome

I know what you mean, a real shame about the (continued) oversight. It seems like it's an "equal opportunity" of oversight as all big Fox stars are ignored as such--both by TCM--and worse still, FOX Movie Channel.

I had to chuckle, however, when Robert Osborne called Power "illegally handsome" during the "Rose/WA Sq." Too, too true :-)! LOL!