Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Park Ridge Library Film Fest (wrap-up)

Hi Ty fans--

Here is the wrap up blog by Matthew Hoffman on the Park Ridge Library Film Fest.

Scroll down to the second half of it (you'll see Taryn Power-Greendeer's photo) for notes on the Q and A we had with her, and Matt and staff documented her responses very accurately. (My question to Taryn was about her or her family having any personal effects of their dad, which Matt included in his notes.) The notes are really thorough, and cover the session at length.

My own impression of Taryn was a very warm person--far removed from Hollywood glamour, despite her own acting career. I told her I recalled her with Richard Chamberlain in "The Count of Monte Cristo" along with Tony Curtis. She smiled brightly as we discussed it.

She was very generous in talking with all of us after they showed "The Black Swan", and I spoke with her twice while we were exiting and stopping to greet her. Her daughter is also very sweet--has Ty's dark coloring--those dark luminous eyes. People kept coming back to ask her something else or comment on Ty or Linda--she took photos with those that asked. Really took alot of time with us.

Taryn and Valentina were brought into the room just before the event started--no pomp, no fanfare. It looked like they were helping them find seats--that's how low key it was. Matt started the event with a talk on Ty, and then commented about someone really knowing Ty more than anyone, and invited Taryn to come up. We were blown away!!

She said she will be back for Ty's centennial and movie fest next spring.

http://crossedswords2013.wordpress.com/