Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"The Epic That Nearly Was" article

A particularly nice article, I think, has been added about the filming of "Solomon & Sheba." Contains some interesting info. along with many never-before-seen pics (not to this viewer at least :-)

The Epic That Nearly Was"

(A typewritten version will most likely be added later, as well.)

Re: "The Epic That Nearly Was" article

There's always a "new" article somewhere that turns up on Tyrone. Oh how I wish he had taken better care of himself. I think his career would've finally started to be more serious had he lived longer. We would've seen more films like "Nightmare Alley" out of him.

Re: Re: "The Epic That Nearly Was" article

Yes, and look at all the warnings he had during the making of this film and prior to that as well. It makes you think that he certainly could have survived if he had attended to at least even one warning.

Nice to see you Kerry :-).

j.

Re: Re: Re: "The Epic That Nearly Was" article

Joanne--

That's true. He certainly had all the warnings of it happening. Odd that he did the American Heart Association commercial yet didn't heed it himself!

Still wish we could see the scenes he filmed if that much was already in the can.

MV

question for Joanne re article

Great article and thanks for posting this.

I haven't seen the film. What do you make of that photo of him lying on the floor with his eyes opened and people attending to him? Was that a scene and before they did it, he had the sweat wiped off or something? He looks AWFUL - like he'd already had a heart attack. I know the stories differ but everyone seems to agree that at one point, he went to his dressing room. I wonder about it and would love your insight.