Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEMORIAL SERVICE

For all those in the annual memorial service for Tyrone will be held November 15 at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in the chapel. It's good to get there by about 11:30. I believe Taryn Power will be there again this year.

Re: MEMORIAL SERVICE

Wow, that's great, thanks Maria :-)! Should be interesting I would imagine.

joanne

p.s.....

....have a nice trip, Maria :-).

Re: MEMORIAL SERVICE

Just wanted to let you all know that the Memorial Service this year was fantastic, packed to the rafters, standing room only.

Besides myself, the speakers included Terry Moore, Taryn Power, and Henry Colman (a friend of Ty's from the service). There were a lot of interesting people there this year, including Taryn's friend Daryn whom Ty named - she is Taryn's friend from childhood. Taryn said Linda is not well and it sounded like she has home care right now. Mike Stecklin, Ty's stand-in, also attended but did not speak.

Someone left a huge spray of white roses on the grave which were gorgeous, and Taryn brought a flowered plant which was lovely. The setting of his grave is idyllic, right by the water, and the black swans always seem to go by when we're there - last year they came right up to the grave.

Really, this was the best yet.

Re: Re: MEMORIAL SERVICE

Wow, GREAT report Maria!!!! Thanks for posting--we're living vicariously through you :-). Was this the most well attended you've seen it be? If so, it certainly seems like there's an increasing fan base.

That's unfortunate about Linda Christian. She is young, however, and I'm sure she'll rally.

Did you hear anything new from any of the other speakers, and/or perhaps you can share some of the things you spoke of (?)--congrats to you, btw :-). (Sorry for all the questions, but it's a treat to have you attend as you can well imagine.)

Thanks again for the report :-).

j.