Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Gene Tierney

Good point, Joanne. I'll bet if we all put our heads together on this forum we could come up with a list of about a dozen "Golden Age" female stars (like Stanwyck, Hepburn (Kate) & others, like the great Bette, who took no 'guff' from the studios... Kudos to them all!

Missed the Brando doc; not one of my faves, but I admire his talent, as well as the colorful off-screen stories about him.. He worked with everyone from Chaplin ("A Countess from Hong Kong")to Johnny Depp ("Don Juan DeMarco"). Kevin Spacey does a spooky right-on Brando impersonation. My fave Brando pics are probably off-mainstream for most folks: "The Freshman"(with Matthew Broderick; hilarious!) & "Last Tango in Paris."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gene Tierney

Adding to strong women during the golden years--Olivia de Havilland--defied Jack Warner's studio contractual grip.

MV

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gene Tierney

Yes, Melody, & what makes it all the remarakable was how *young* Olivia was....

Re: re: silents...Bill, we've fallen off the cliff......

...butting in here between Melody's posts, but just to let you know that the "silents" posts have been pushed to the second page--click on "next" at the bottom or click the last msg. (below)...IF you're still inclined that is :-)!