Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new page added

A new page has been added. A basic (and overdue) Filmography page. Included are the Academy Award nominations and wins for TP's films.

Filmography

Re: new page added

Joanne--

That took some time to collect and mount. Bravo!

Not surprised that the song "Now It Can Be Told" was nominated (Alexander's Ragtime Band)--it's one of my favorites of Irving Berlin's huge catalogue of songs, and also that of the picture (and that moment when they realize they are in love).

"oscar" nominations

What blew me away were some of the films that *didn't* get a nomination. The most glaring, imho, was "Jesse James." You'd think for color cinematography (!) if nothing else. Weird.

Also was surprised that "Zorro.." didn't get a photography/cinematagrapny nod. More strangeness, imnsho.

Re: "oscar" nominations

I guess we'd have to look at the other films for those particular years to see what Ty was up against.

Still, the fact that the Academy and his peers didn't recognize him is very sad.

(Academy Awards are usually nominated by peers, right?)

MV

Re: Re: "oscar" nominations

considering that Alfred Hitchcock, Chaplin, Garbo (!) never got one he's in good company. On the other hand you had someone like Harold Russell, good as he was, win while, yes, someone like TP doesn't even get a nod. Just goes to show how political (and unimportant!) the whole darned thing is, IMHO.

And yes, I believe you're right Melody, nominations are by their peers. (I always put more creadend in the NY film critics awards, to be honest.)