Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This was cute...

Joanne may have this already...Tyrone Power singing "Chattanooga Choo Choo"...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9vYweec4gdk

Re: This was cute...

Hi Kerry, yeah, Melody clued me into this a short while ago. Well, the charm is there but he couldn't sing :-)! It's a hoot!!

It looks like Judy Holiday could have had a singing career however. Can make out Janet Blair but not the third woman (?)

God bless Youtube, eh :-)!

Re: Re: This was cute...

God bless the person who found it!

I found it by searching "Tyrone Power"--it's great that people are mounting movie clips and hard to find film/TV clips since TCM doesn't seem to promote TP which they should consider.

Re: Re: Re: This was cute...

Hi, I'm not new to this fabulous site, but this is my first entry into any TP discussion board. Maybe it's because I'm an oldtimer--fell under his "spell" way back in 1964!

I never thought to search for Ty material on You Tube. I wonder where some of the posters get this rare material? Does anyone out there know how to download these video clips from that site? If so, please reply.

Re: Re: Re: Re: This was cute...

Hi Carolyn,

I know what you mean regarding getting some of those clips on YouTube! It's amazing what is on there and I'd kill to get some of them.

I tried this a while back downloading on a DVD-R but it didn't work. Of course, I'm probably not computer savvy enough so perhaps there is some way you can do it, although I'll be darned if I could figure it out from that end.

Believe it or not, I've also heard of people actually propping a camcorder in front of the computer screen and converting that to a dvd :-)! That seems a bit extreme, to say the least :-).

I think your best best is probably to e-mail the individual that downloaded it to begin with. They very well may have no problem passing it on to you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This was cute...

Joanne,
Thanks for the response. You know, I did the very thing you mentioned--holding my video camera to my pc screen. Haven't uploaded yet, but through the lens I could see a lot of lines. I went to web for a software program that works for YT downloads, but it didn't work for me.

Re: This was cute...

As the new kid on this block, and a Judy Holliday fan too... just a comment that she did have a singing career. :) She won the 1957 Tony for best actress in a musical for Bells Are Ringing, and starred in the film version (with Dean Martin). :)

Her showbiz career began as a member of the nightclub group The Revuers. The group included two future titans of musical theater/movie musical lyric- and book writing, Betty Comden and Adolph Green, who were also wonderful performers of their own (and others') material.

Does anyone know where this clip originated? It's utterly delightful.