Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Agreed

I do agree with you Carolyn, yes. Particulary with Blood and Sand as that was clearly a dramatic film. I think Son of Fury could go either way...on the other hand not sure if a few scenes of traveling on a ship classify a film as adventure, then, yes, you're right on that point as well.

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing with Linda Christian not chiming in. What we heard from Ty, Jr. was nothing new, too true. Who knows if she was having an off day or simply wanted to leave it to the kids.

The most interesting (and new) tidbits, I thought, were the comments by his former co-stars Terry Moore, etc. At least they had some new to offer.

Agree with you about Ty, Jr. As handsome as he is, Dad was from another planet, let's face it :-).

j.

Re: Agreed

J,

So I sound like Melody? Sorry to disappoint you, but it is Carolyn--the "new kid" on this block. But you see I'm not shy about this magnificent subject. Especially since I've been enthralled by him for nearly 44 years (I was very young, though, when I first took note of him).

I agree that the leading ladies' comments on the Ty swashbuckler collection are favorable. Most of everything I've ever read or heard over the years are glowing comments. The only derogatory one I ever heard was from Kim Novak! She made it on national tv, the Larry King show, in the late '90's when 'Vertigo' was restored and in theaters. She called him egotistical (there's the pot calling the kettle black) and inferred co-starring with him was not a pleasant experience. She has probably nursed a grudge since he was quoted in an old book about Harry Cohn as saying "confusion between temperament and bad manners is unfortunate" or something to that effect. (Sorry, I run on so)

Re: Re: Agreed

Hi Carolyn :-). (Yeah, I saw my name there, and with my poor memory I had to think twice....."did I post this? Maybe I did :-)!)'

That is VERY interesting about her Power comments! Had never heard that before. It's more than a bit ironic as she was the only leading lady that the easy-going, eager to please Power had any problems with as he thought she was highly unprofessional as she was habitually late showing up on the set. Hhhmmm, yes, calling a kettle black indeed.