Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: New Tyrone Power Collection/On its way!!

I just received it--

here's a quote from the package--

"He could melt the hearts of his leading ladies and make audiences swoon: Tyrone Power remains one of Hollywood's most enduring icons! Collected here are no less than ten of this leading man's greatest films, each delivering that irresistible charisma, on-screen chemistry and incomparable talent that made him a star!"

Can't wait to start watching!

MV

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Tyrone Power Collection/On its way!!

Let us know what you think of "I'll Never Forget..." Melody (you haven't seen that one, right (?))...not to mention Love is News, and This Above All :-)!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Tyrone Power Collection/On its way!!

There's several of this group I haven't seen.

From just opening the box, here's a few observations.

Nicely done, but the first collection had more to its packaging. The DVDs are two sided, meaning we have to be very careful handling these as either side can get scratched, and there goes not only one but two movies! ;) The covers are nicely done, obviously reproducing original theatre posters, wafer thin black plastic covers holding the DVD, no liner notes, but there is a small booklet that has a synopsis of each movie, and photos on each page which shows a range of the younger Ty into the more mature Ty of the '50s.

There is a commentary on the back of the booklet that is called "Staying Power". They comment that his life was cut short at 45--well, we know he was really 44--maybe in his 45th year . . . anyway, they finish the comments saying that he will always be remembered as an iconic HOllywood legend.

Special features include "Tyrone Power: Prince of Fox", "Ty and Loretta: Sweethearts of the Silver Screen", "My Dad, Tyrone Power (with Ty's kids); Jayne Meadows Remembers; deleted scenes, and a poster gallery. These are scattered throughout the different DVDs.

Two that I want to see first are Johnny Apollo and This Above All, followed by I'll Never Forget You. Then I'll go to the earlier ones I've never seen.

Of these 10 films, I've seen Daytime Wife (thanks to Joanne copying her own tape of it), and Luck of the Irish (I have a tape from the "old" AMC which is commercial free and uncut). The rest I've only read about! :)

More soon!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Tyrone Power Collection/On its way!!

Wow, there's a bunch you haven't seen then, Melody. Can't wait to hear, er read, what you think :-)!!!!!