Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"SOLOMON AND SHEBA"

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY PLANS BY UNITED ARTISTS TO ADD TYRONE'S COMPLETE FOOTAGE FORM "SOLOMON AND SHEBA" AS A BONUS TO ANY DVD'S OF THIS MOVIE?

I HAVE ONLY SEEN A SHORT CLIP OR TWO OF TY AS SOLOMON. I AM TOLD A GOOD THREE HOURS OF HIS FOOTAGE EXISTS.

AS MUCH AS I LIKE YUL BRYNNER HE SEEMS TO BE JUST WALKING THROUGH THE RELEASED VERSION OF THE FILM. MAYBE HE FEELS FUNNY TAKING A DEAD MAN'S PLACE.

IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHETHER THE COMPANY PLANS TO ISSUE TY'S SCENES FROM THE FILM PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS
ALAN PATTERSON

Re: "SOLOMON AND SHEBA"

I think all fans of Tyrone Power would love to see the footage that Ty shot prior to his unexpected death.

Probably the best to do is let UA know--if they see enough interest, maybe it can be resurrected.

Also, now that Fox released the second collection, that may also prove interest and Ty's continued popularity, worth UA's consideration.

Re: "SOLOMON AND SHEBA"

Hi Alan,

Haven't heard of anything being in the works. I think if it was a classic, it would probably get more attention for restoration; as it is, I'm guessing it's unlikely that it will ever see the light of day, but who knows.

If memory serves, the laser disc version apparently had some of TP's footage in it's Extras section, but don't quote me on that.

("Big Bertha" is a laster disc on-line store, if you have access to a laser disc player, or knows someone who does.)