Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Spanish articles Page 6

Yes, I see what you mean :-)! He may have had just a promo sheet to go on as well, who knows. (Wonder if they'll ever release this one on dvd?)

These transalations are fascinating, Peachtree!!! It's like being at the bakery shop and being able to pick everything you want :-)!! Great stuff and I do think the European perspective was a bit different from the US one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spanish articles Page 6

Hi, Joanne, I'm beginning to think that these articles are actually from Mexico, but with a lot of wire stories from Spain. The first article on page 8 is a really nice piece about Ty's Mexican associations, including his very friendly relationship with his ex-in-laws (Linda Christian's mother and sister). (I'm looking forward to translating that one because I think you'll all enjoy it a lot).

Do you know the source of these articles? I'm wondering if we can confirm they're from a Mexican newspaper...?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Spanish articles Page 6

Yes, I think you're probably right. Looking at the copyright (for lack of a better description) and address info. the subscription addy is: Mexico, 6 messes: $80.00; un ano $150.00. Also, the "local Distribucion" lists a Mexican address as well (i.e., Union de Expendidores y Voceadores de los Periodicos de Mexico) at least it seems that way :-).

So, yes it looks like you're absolutely right.