Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: castile / untamed

I have to agree with Peachtreegal's and Melody's assessment. It *does* dribble off, although I think it starts to do so much sooner than towards the end never quite recovers. The production is largely bloated and, well, downright dull for the practically the entire duration (TP's curly hair doesn’t' help either, but I'm digressing :-). The saving grace is the music and yes, the cinematography.

As for the performances, Lee J. Cobb almost steals the show and as Melody says, that dance scene is veeeeery steamy, no doubt about it :-)!

However, to think that he did this after "Nightmare Alley" (like going from A back to Z). From his perspective, you can see why he started to get disenchanted with his late 40's career.

As for "Untamed," yep another disappointment. Would think a paycheck was the main motivation for that one as there didn't seem to be any room to stretch as far as the character he played. Still, it contains another nice love scene, I think, in the beginning between him and Hayward (an actress who was far better than the material given her here as well, imho; it's almost more interesting to watch Agnes Moorhead in her pre-Endora days).