Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spanish Articles Page 8

This is wonderful, choice stuff, Peachtree :-)! Had no idea of the close connection to his mother-in-law. Can't recall now, but is appears that Ariadne is not the sister Linda C. had with her in that hotel in Rome where she first met TP (?) VERY interesting indeed as to the continuing affection with Linda's family; validates his charm even more, one would imagine.

Too, the walks through the streets and the calls to his daughters! Great stuff :-)!!

Yeah, a bit strange regarding the translation of Blood and Sand...even the Rains Came/The Wind for that matter.

Re: Spanish Articles Page 8

I really had a great time translating that article about Ty's visits to Mexico City. It was nice to learn something about his personal life... everything I read about him makes me like him more and more. (If that's possible.) :)

>Whenever he was in Mexico [City], he liked to walk alone through the streets, and he was mostly interested in getting to know the capital’s outskirts: Xochimilco, Coyoacan, San Angel, etc.

Coincidentally, there was an interesting article in today's New York Times about Xochimilco... here is the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/world/americas/09mexico.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=mexico&st=cse&oref=slogin

Next up: reminisces by a very popular veteran Mexican actress about Ty.

Re: Re: Spanish Articles Page 8

Thanks for the translations, Peachtreegal. My Spanish is a bit rusty, and I was able to get the gist of them, but you've been more thorough.

I agree that the more you read about Ty, the more you like him and appreciate him as a person not only as an actor.

And Joanne's work certainly has made it easier for us to know him, too. What a collection you've shared, not to mention the time to get it mounted here.

(So Joanne--was the you who bought the passport? LOL)

Re: Re: Spanish Articles Page 8

>>I really had a great time translating that article about Ty's visits to Mexico City. It was nice to learn something about his personal life...

It IS great stuff, I know what you mean. It seems that the US press was lacking in delivering insight like this. One of the rare exceptions, at least it appears so are the NY newspaper interviews he gave in the 50's. They would offer a glimpse into his personal life as well, once in a while.

That's why these Mexican articles are all the more precious, IMHO. Not possible without you Peachtree !!!

Will check out the NY times article as well!

article cut-off

I think where you mention the article being cut off is here Peachtree, yes? If so, here is the rest of it (it belongs to the photo caption of TP holding the camera):

Enorme sorpresa ha causado en tedos los medios filmicos el falleciniento de Tyrone Power, pues era relativamente joven...

Re: article cut-off

Looks like only the last few words were missing then. The entire sentence would translate as:

The death of Tyrone Power has caused enormous surprise in the film community, since he was relatively young.