Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video

I can't wait to get home to watch this with sound (no sound on my computer at work).

Must admit Ty certainly looks great--Joanne, any idea on the beard? What was he working on or performing on stage??

Re: Re: Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video

You're in for a treat Melody :-). The beard was for "The Dark is Light Enough". Let me know what you think.

Re: Re: Re: Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video

I really enjoyed it. It was worth watching late at night after class. I don't want to say too much so other forum members can see it for themselves.

(I'll send you a separate email.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video

I saw that video a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. How often do we get to see Tyrone when he's not in a movie? Though in a way he was "acting" in that too. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video

Too true. Clearly, they're all 'on' in one way shape or another when the camera is on. It was nice to see some nuances you don't usually see in films on the flip side.

BTW, I wend kinda nuts with all the "What's My Line" selections they have on there! Sheesh! I sat like a fool for over an hour seeing everyone from Fred Astaire, to Lucy and Desi to Eleanor Roosevelt (she was surprisingly subdued). Addictive, what can you say (and great stuff, admittedly :-)!

What's My Line

Joanne--I hear you--when I went to watch Ty, I started watching the other videos. They are addicting. I loved the Fred Astaire. That one question had him laughing so badly that he couldn't even answer.

I thought Ty was pretty clever.

Great find!

Re: What's My Line

Astaire was from another planet! I don't think we'll ever see a dancer like that again!!

(BTW, if you've e-mailed to the work address, I can't get in for the time being, so send any e-mails to the Yahoo addy Melody :-).)

Re: Re: What's My Line

I'm so glad that I discovered this video! Watching it was such a treat for me! I never ever knew that Tyrone Power was a guest on What's My Line. Lol, I was kind of shocked to see him with the beard. Lol, he's much, much more handsome without it, I think.

Carolyn

Re: Re: Re: What's My Line

Yes, isn't it a hoot. A real gem and it's such a treat to see him as himself, so to speak.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's My Line

Joanne,

It is a treat!!! I was also very delighted when I found the video of Tyrone Power singing "Chattanooga Choo Choo" with Judy Holiday, Kay Starr and Janet Blair. Lol, he looks like he's enjoying himself! I just hope that as time goes on, we will see more of these very rare and wonderful treats being put in youtube for our viewing pleasure.

Carolyn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's My Line

Yes, aren't these a particular treat, Carolyn. It's terrific to see him in a 'natural' state, of sorts.