Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Garland Biopic

I guess they're not counting the TV films that have been made about her.

I think Efron would look the part of young Tyrone adding dark contacts for his eyes. I liked him in Hairspray.

It's been discussed from time to time on the forum that George Cooney could be considered for a Ty biopic or portraying Ty for other reasons, though he's maturing and may be a bit old to play younger Ty.

And there's Ty's own son, too. Desi Arnaz, Jr., was in "The Mambo Kings" portraying his own father. Ty, Jr. could be considered.

Re: Re: New Garland Biopic

Ty Jr. is 50, is he not? I think he's too old to play his father at the time Ty Sr. had his affair with Garland. :) He's older now than his father lived to be. :( :( :(

It would have been great if they'd done a Tyrone Power biopic when Ty Jr. was in his 30s -- with the right makeup and lighting, he'd have been young enough to play the young TP and old enough to play the more mature TP too.

Re: Re: Re: New Garland Biopic

Based on seeing "Benjamin Button" yesterday, and the ability to make Brad Pitt like he was in his younger career, they could CGI Ty Jr. into a more youthful look.

Thanks to CGI, make-up may become more and more unecessary! Pretty eerie thought. Kind of computerized "Dorian Grey" effects.