Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Yep, you're right forgot about that :-)!

The $95 price tag is typical and my days of spending that kind of money for a film are over. that's why this TCM broadcast will be such a treat.

I'm guessing the vhs isn't letterbox, Peachtreegal, correct?

"Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

My copy is 4:3 and is off the TV. If somebody wants a copy, no problemo. BUT... if the TCM showing is 1.85:1, letterbox, widescreen, whatever - I'd love a copy! Swap for any unavailable TP film?

The framing of the titles on my copy make it look like it was 'meant' for 4:3, but some of the framing of the film proper leaves me not quite so sure. IMDB offers 1.85:1, as does Joanne :)

Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Hi Adam, TCM would never show pan and scan. Thankfully, they'll always show a film in its proper format---another reason why I love this channel.

If you don't get TCM I can make a copy for you, yes.

Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

TCM UK is not quite the same as TCM USA but I can keep hoping! They used to show Marie Antoinette and that was it.

Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Joanne--

if you're making copies, I'd like one. I've never seen this and I don't get TCM with my cable package.

(I keep needing to call Comcast and see if it could be added to my box--we have a building plan that is extended basic only.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Ok Melody, it's yours :-)! (Too bad we have to wait 'till May :-)!

Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Ah, you're in the UK Adam. Not sure how badly you want the film but one option is that you can convert the dvd to the UK PAL system (unless you have a multi-regiond dvd player). If so, I would be happy to send you the film come May.

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Joanne! Thanks for checking but I'll be ok in NTSC. With most of Ty's movies Region 1 only, I'm geared up to do it all. Most of the rarer stuff I have is NTSC from the States... of course! Deep, deep gratitude :)

So much is out now on 'official' dvd - I wouldn't have believed it 5 years ago. Wish they'd bring out a Cinemascope Untamed tho'...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Abandon Ship" on TCM May 5th

Yes, I know what you mean in regards to Untamed. This one crops up fairly frequently, but *always* as a pan and scan :-(.

Am thinking if this gets released, it would perhaps show up in a Susan Hayward boxed set (actually, it's amazine that nothing like that has been done as of yet....at least I don't think there's been a release)

Ok will do regarding the dvd for Abandon Ship, Adam