Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Judy Garland/Anne Hathaway

I recall the Judy Davis production and I thought she did a great job. I do like Anne, but she's certainly taller than Judy Garland--similar coloring, and the eyes. It's a challenging role and while Judy was not as tall as Anne, it's a tall role to fill.

I like Zac Efron. I haven't seen the HS musicals, but I did like him in Hairspray (I couldn't deal with John Travolta in drag--shiver!). He was going to do a remake of Footloose but that's been canned because he doesn't want to be stereotyped.

I can see the resemblance, of course, but Ty was certainly groomed differently--different times, though. And Ty's family background--pretty serious stuff.

I don't recall the Ty/Judy affair in the Judy Davis version--does anyone?

Re: Re: Re: Judy Garland/Anne Hathaway

---
I recall the Judy Davis production and I thought she did a great job. I do like Anne, but she's certainly taller than Judy Garland--similar coloring, and the eyes. It's a challenging role and while Judy was not as tall as Anne, it's a tall role to fill.

YOU SAID IT :-)!! TALL ROLE INDEED. I DUNNO, SHE MAY BE ABLE TO PULL IT OFF--PROBALBY WILL (I'M THINKING THAT DAVIS IS AN ACTRESS WITH A BIT MORE DEPTH, HENCE HER SUCCESS WITH THIS ROLE, BUT WHO KNOWS.) I HAD NO IDEA SHE COULD SING AS WELL AS SHE COULD, UNTIL SHE SANG AT THIS YEARS OSCARS.

I like Zac Efron. I haven't seen the HS musicals, but I did like him in Hairspray (I couldn't deal with John Travolta in drag--shiver!). He was going to do a remake of Footloose but that's been canned because he doesn't want to be stereotyped.

ACTUALLY I THOUGHT TRAVOLTA WAS GREAT. I'N NOT A FAN BUT I BECAME ONE OF SORTS AFTER THAT FILM. DIVINE PLAYED IT ON STAGE, AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW, AND HE DIDN'T GO FOR A FEMALE VOICE, ETC. SO IT SEEMS LIKE TRAVOLTA WAS GOING FOR THE SAME ROUTE.

I can see the resemblance, of course, but Ty was certainly groomed differently--different times, though. And Ty's family background--pretty serious stuff.

TOO TRUE :-)!!

I don't recall the Ty/Judy affair in the Judy Davis version--does anyone?

YOU BRING UP A GOOD POINT, AS THEY MAY NOT EVEN FEATURE TP. SHE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH JOSEPH MACKENWICZ AS WEL, MAYBE THEY'LL FEATURE ONLY HIM, WHO KNOWS (?)