Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Secured a 16:9 UNTAMED!!!

OK it's not CinemaScope but it is 16:9 WIDESCREEN, which at least brings Ty and Miss Hayward onto the screen at the same time (check at 5 mins in) instead of playing pan-and-scan ping-pong.

It's off British "Channel 4" recorded to PAL VHS and onto PAL DVD. If you can play it, let me know how to get it to you.

The good news is that it could be rescreened... sometime...

Re: Secured a 16:9 UNTAMED!!!

WOW, that's fabulous!!!!!! I'd love a copy Adam. Perhpas we can do a trade for the copy of dvd Abandon Ship that I'll be making on my end?

Trade - of course - and with pleasure! Mail me.

I just asked Adam for a copy.

Hopefully Murphy's Law will come into effect and as soon as I finish watching it Fox will announce that longed for third Tyrone Power box set, to include Untamed. :)

The one I REALLY want in widescreen though is King of the Khyber Rifles. :)

Peachtreegal
The one I REALLY want in widescreen though is King of the Khyber Rifles. :)
My copy was sourced in the States, so I 'believe' it is NTSC. Both discs on their way soon!

(How easy was that???)

Peachtreegal, if you want a dvd copy of "Abandon Ship" as well, let me know and I'd be happy to send one your was also.

joanne

I don't need a copy of Abandon Ship -- I have the VHS tape plus it's now on my DVR. I can make myself a DVD if I want.

Alas, TCM ran a cropped print, with the "this film has been modified from its original version. It has been modified to fit your screen" disclaimer.

I suspect they just have a video master made for TV, not an actual print.

Peachtreegal
Alas, TCM ran a cropped print...
"Alas, poor Tyrone!" A-waaaaaah!!!

I sent TCM an e-mail thanking them for their broadcast of Abandon Ship but also pointing out it was a cropped 4:3 version. I also asked them to locate a version in the original 1:85 aspect ratio and to air that sometime.

I suspect my message will be filed somewhere without response, but you never know. :)

I couldn't believe when I saw those "..film has been modified.." words before the film started, yes. You just want to bang your head against a wall! AND TCM of all places! I thought we'd be home free with this one.

That's great that you e-mailed TCM Peachtree. I'm just too lazy to be honest, so it's great that you took the time to send them a note (like you say, don't count on an answer, though).

Adam I'll e-mail you soon on the exchange.

I've never seen this film before, so it will be nice just to be able to see it, but I agree with all of you that TCM should have done the best thing to have it in full screen view.

On another matter, I liked the old format better--what did Bravenet do????

I'll send you a copy Melody :-).

Yeah, Bravenet changed the format a bit. Actually, one change that is pretty good is that you can alter (add/delete) your message within an hour of posting it.