Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fleamarket --- Free --- yes, FREE --- Rawhide NTSC VHS

Senior assisted living homes are also possibilities. A lot of the older folks still aren't into DVDs and treasure their old VHS machines and tapes. ;) I give my old tapes to a friend whose parents are in assisted living and they LOVE getting them. :)

Great idea!!

Wow, what a fantastic idea!!! I never would have thought of that!! Actually, I wonder if nursing homes would be another option as well (?) Will look into that as well.

This is great Peachtree, many thanks!

Re: Great idea!!

Hi everyone--

When I bought the first Tyrone Power collection, I took my VHS versions of these movies to the nursing home where my mother was at one time. They were thrilled to have them for their movie nights.

They also appreciate any other donations like books (especially the romance novels) and costume jewelry--they give them out as presents to those that have no family visiting them for birthdays or Christmas.

Peachtreegal
Rawhide was released in a perfectly nice official DVD edition-- it's in a set called The Fox Classic Western Collection with two other Westerns, one of which is a bonafide masterpiece, The Gunfighter. You can get it for a very low price at any number of online retailers.

I'm not sure why you'd want to record this off a VHS tape onto a homemade DVD for your collection -- Fox's DVD would be a much superior viewing experience.
Joanne
Peachtree is right Adam, and, yes as mentioned, you can get it cheap as well ( can buy it separately, too)
Thanks ladies, but I have the official DVD - always my first route. My VHS-->DVD was in the past, Christmas 2004 in fact, when that DVD - and the many others! - was/were not yet released.

Thanks for the tips but it is a giveaway. You never know who might visit the site. Maybe some of them old folks will go surfing on their laptops?

If you have the official DVD, why did you want to copy the VHS onto DVD too? Just wondering. :)

Peachtreegal
If you have the official DVD, why did you want to copy the VHS onto DVD too? Just wondering. :)
I have to quote myself for the answer to that one.
Adam
My VHS-->DVD was in the past, Christmas 2004 in fact, when that DVD - and the many others! - was/were not yet released.
I have it now. I didn't have it then.