Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
That big Captain from Castile photo

Could someone repost that big Captain from Castile photo or give me a link where I can find it? I had a hard drive crash and lost some stuff including that photo. I went to the original message thread about that photo but the photo is gone -- there's only an icon there now. ;( I'd REALLY like to get that photo again. It is so beautiful.

life size castile pic

Here 'tis Peachtree (10th row down, 2nd to the right; make sure you click it again, if you don't get the large size the first time around)

http://tyforum.bravepages.com/40s.html

Gotta love the life size :-) Whew!

Re: life size castile pic

Yes indeed!! Sir Gorgeous himself! I love him in this picture and feel he's at his most handsome in this.

Thanks...er... is there a way to get it without the web site logo on it?

Yes, I'll re-scan it and send it your way Peachtree.

(I've started that 'watermark' only recently on the ones I own and have to scan to put on the site, etc. Other sites borrow freely, as a result, and although I certainly don't mind :-)!, it's at least nice to be asked to use the darned things--which no one ever bothers to do. In any case, more info. than you probably care to know--sorry for the ramble--I'll re-send it.)

I am most humbly grateful!!!! Thanks!

Joanne--I could imagine that your pictures get "borrowed"--so many hard to find and many gems at that!

You've done a great job making this a wonderful tribute to Ty--and a good chunk of Hollywood history with all the stories you found.

And Peachtree's interpretations were so helpful, too.

Hope everyone's enjoying the summer. It's been cooler in Chicago, but I'm happy not to be using the A/C all the time.

Peachtree's translations are fabulisioso, too true :-)!!! It's amazing what a different perspective the European press had.

Yeah, don't mind if they take them (they can take all they want), it's just nice to be asked--particularly after I spend time scanning, etc., etc. :-)

As for the weather, we're waaaay above sea level at this point with the non-stop rain we've received so far. Still, I prefer this over heat waves.

By the way, was it "Suez" that you haven't seen? (What other tp films for that matter?)

Suez

Hi Joanne--I have Suez--I didn't see Abandon Ship and I know there are a few others I've yet to see. The last Fox collection took care of several I hadn't see.

One in particular is Lloyds of London--the one that made Ty a star.

Maybe that's the one you were thinking of?

Thanks for asking!

Errrrr...NEVER MIND!

The computer genius in my office actually managed to recover all the data from the damaged hard drive, so I now have my beautiful big Captain from Castille photo again. PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! He even managed to pull stuff off the hard drive from an ancient Mac G4 that had been sitting around the house collecting dust for the past few years.

Re: Errrrr...NEVER MIND!

Great news. They say that nothing's fully deleted--while that's great, I'm sure we all have something we'd rather not resurrect! lol