The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Untamed (again) ON HULU

That Hulu version is still pretty dire.

At the moment there just isn't a decent version of Untamed (and several other Power movies) available. I bet there's a really nice print in the Fox vault somewhere. ;)

I suspect, though, that even on the really big screen (where a Cinemascope movie SHOULD be seen) it's pretty dull stuff.

Joanne, that's a positive on the North by Northwest. Maybe I'll get to it when I have some time off at Christmas, along with that massive Gone With the Wind box. ;)

Re: Untamed (again) ON HULU

What IS it with these 'definitive' releases every two to three years?! I thought we were GWTW-out with the previous 4-disc release. It had hours of extras...the fact that we're getting tons more, well...I dunno. (Maybe it's all the books they're including this time.) This and the Wizard of Oz, as you mention--it's as if they're running out of ideas as to what they release and they revert back to old habits.

If you do get the GWTW and fell like posting your opinion, I'd love to know what you think.

For what it's worth, I just got the 2-disc version of "Dr. Strangelove" and I've rarely seen such terrific extras. Wonderful, (and extensive) new docs (they even interview Robert McNamara extensively)--a faux set of interviews with Peter Sellers and George C. Scot--some of the best I've seen. If you're a fan of that film, it's well worth it.