Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tyrone Power Stamp Petitions are now online

The petitions are here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/help-film-legend-tyrone-power-get-a-postage-stamp/

and there is one at http://act.ly which is for Twitter people

Please sign one of them if you haven't written to the United States Postal Service, and please pass along the information. It's important that we get a lot of support. Thanks for your help!

Re: Tyrone Power Stamp Petitions are now online

Maria--I added my "two cents"--I hope he's honored in time for his centennial.

Thanks so much, and please pass it on and get other people to sign. I have regular paper petitions that I'm getting signatures on, as do some other people. But I would like a decent online showing as well. Thanks again.

Signed it Maria :-)!!!! It's fantastic that you've set this up---you're his biggest advocate :-)!!!! (It's already over 29,000 signatures, by the way :-)!)

Wow, Joanne--that is really great news!

Re: there are only 80 signatures

Is there a petition I don't know about? There are only 80 signatures. Please forward the link and urge people to sign. They can do it anonymously. I want the petition to go viral but I've had no success. NOTHING is happening on Twitter either.

HELLO, I'M HAVING MY SISTER, MY HUSBAND, MY DAUGHTER AND WHOEVER ELSE I CAN GET TO SIGN THE PETITION. I ONLY SEEN 80 SIGNATURES? BUT LETS NOT LOSE HOPE, OVER A 1,000 SIGNATURES COULD HAPPEN AND IF THERE IS OVER 20,000 WOW THAT IS GREAT!! THANK YOU FOR THIS WEB SITE, I LOVE IT!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! I AM SURE IF TYRONE WAS HERE HE WOULD APPRECIATE WHAT THE FANS ARE DOING.

Yes, right now, there seem to be only 80 so anyone you can get would be appreciated. I wish there were more people like you, but I will recontact people who haven't signed and see if I can convince them to. I want to send everything in - all the hard copy petitions and the Internet petition - by May.

MARIA. MY HUSBAND SIGHED THE PETITION AND IT WAS SWEET WHAT HE WROTE, LOOK AT THE MIKE SLAYBAUGH COMMENT. I ALSO AM TRYING TO GET ALL MY AUNTS AND UNCLES TO SIGN. I WANT US TO DO 1,000. MAYBE TRY AND CONTACT HIS KIDS AND GET THEM TO SIGH AND THEIR FAMILY. GIRL IT CAN BE DONE, HANG IN THERE!!

Thanks, Ronda, you are the best. The kids are writing letters directly to the USPTO, and I haven't talked to them yet about forwarding the petition. Hopefully today. I will hang in for sure, and I thank you and everybody else for trying to help. You're doing it the right way - getting everybody you know to sign! They can do it without having their name show up and they check off that they don't want email from the site. "It takes a village" - nobody can do it alone!

MARIA. I EVEN HAVE A LADY WHO IS MAKING ME A TYRONE POWER DOLL SIGN UP. MY LIVING ROOM IS IN SOUTH WEST AND SHE IS DOING A DOLL OF HIM AS A COWBOY. I THINK IT IS SO COOL, HIS FAMILY IS GETTING INVOLVED. WHAT A HONOR IT WOULD BE FOR THEM TO HAVE A STAMP OF THEIR DAD AND THEIR KIDS GRANDFATHER. IT IS FUNNY I ASK THE POST OFFICE TWO YEARS AGO HOW COULD YOU GET A STAMP GOING, THEY DID NOT MAKE IT SOUND EASY. YOU MADE IT HAPPEN AND YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU CAN NOT DO IT ALONE. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANKS FOR LETTING US BE A PART OF THIS.

I don't know if it will happen. I figured it was worth a try!