Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip

Share your memories, look up old friends.

Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1969 to 1973

Tony,

I was stationed at South Ruislip and worked at West Ruislip from Aug. 71 through Nov. 73. I drove a tractor trailer for the Motor Pool and worked with Butch at the APO hauling mail to Heathrow and back. I believe I also remember Ski. I hung out with them and Curly and Howie from the APO. I don't remember you, but mostly guys from the APO, Motor Pool or Comm. Sq.

Vince Meiste (SGT)

Just came across this site. Was reading hoping to see a familiar name. Was stationed at West Ruislip at the London AMT, 71-73, USAF Postal / Courier Service. Some of the name's you mentioned I believe I served with. Butch, Ski and Howie. Believe you are referring to Howie Adams, a good friend back in those days. Also worked with John Corley and Mike Maxon. Our boss was SMSgt Mashburn. Great assignment, loved England.

Vince!
It’s your old roommate from our place in Uxbridge. Larry Keeling you and I stayed there for several months. I’m still married to Janet. It’s great seeing these names of old friends here

Dave tried sending you an email on this and it didn't work. Send an email to me at "meiste333@gmail.com". Thanks dude!

Hello Tony,
I was stationed at Ruislip from 70-73 and remember you very well
Also Butch and Ski and several others including Kenny Ladner. My wife Janet and I married during my stay there and have lived quite happily since. As a matter of fact we on our first date we’re supposed to go along with you and a girl named Suzanne to Leon Kegs birthday party.