Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip

Share your memories, look up old friends.

Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: my time in south ruislip

I saw your message whilst in my room at the Flamingo Las Vegas. After travelling by car across America ( 6525 miles ) Your message is old but I'm hopeful this gets to you. Do you remember the swan?
Best Regards Ken

Re: Re: Re: Re: my time in south ruislip

I remember the Swan, but your name is not familiar to me. Joe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my time in south ruislip

Hi Joe,
I was a UK civilian attached to 3rd AF working in the Graphics dept. With Sgt Ned Fredborg, Jim Boyle, Kent Twitchell, etc. I am currently in Las Vegas Nevada at the end of a long holiday and something made my think of Jim Boyle. I replied to a very old message he had left but sadly my email was returned undelivered so the trail has gone cold. Kent Twitchell however, is now quiet famous.
Ken

Re: my time in south ruislip

Hi
I am trying to trace the families who lived next door to me in Whitmore Rd, Harrow when I was a child in the '60s. The family I remember best were the Youngbloods who must have left in '63 or 4, and with whom I spent many happy times. They were from New York. There was also a lovely family from a southern state and another, I believe, from Philadelphia. I cannot remember their names, but would love to hear news of anyone.
I would also be pleased to hear your memories, Joe, as you obviously lived nearby. I remember the base well as I used to go there with the Youngbloods, and I particularly remember their huge American car - a cadillac perhaps?

I look forward to hearing from you and send you my very best wishes

Marilyn