Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip

Share your memories, look up old friends.

Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories of South Ruislip

My father, Doug Grover, was stationed in Ruislip from 1964-1967. He was a dietitian in the hospital. We had some great holiday meals.
I arrived in 1965 and my father had a lot of parties at his house, I was very impressed with all the young airmen. I was a teenager, thought I knew it all and had such fun! I had a Canadian girlfriend and we spent a lot of time doing things we probably shouldn't do.

Deb Morey

Re: Memories of South Ruislip

I worked with your father Doug from 1964-1966, I kept track of the food stocks for the kitchen in the Hospital Business Office. I sure have fond memories of working with your father and the other food service personnel including then Lt Fred Raulino who was both the Food Service Officer and the Hospital Optometrist. I hope this e-mail finds you and your family well. By the way I was the tall guy with glasses.

Re: Memories of South Ruislip

Arrived at South Ruislip Sept. 1970 assigned to the Security Police Squadron. Had a lot of good times at the NCO club and those assigned. Helped lock up the gates in 72 West Ruislip became home and fun continued for me till I left in April 74 (filed a lot of extensions). Hated to leave. Those were some times

Jim Walter