Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip

Share your memories, look up old friends.

Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
South Ruislip A.F.B.

I was stationed at South Ruislip from 1956-1958. Worked in Statsitical Services. I transferred from R.A.F. Molesworth. Worked with guys by the names of Dyste, Harvard, Sorg, Johnson, Doss, Miller, Schmidt, Sheehan, Kidd, Ship and others in my mind eye, but cannot record their full names, only first names. Found Kidd and Ship, through Ruislip Online, a Godsend. Lived on Jubilee Dr. with a family by the name of Treacher, and another family, not named, that had a son named Ken., on the corner of Jubilee Dr. and Princess. Also lived in a cold water flat in Harrow. Myself, Schmidt and Sheehan. May parties there. Use to go to parties at No. 2 Woodlands. G.I. also lived there. Married a Englsh girl from London by the name of Magarette Horton, my last month in England. The Lido, Eastcote Arms,Palladium,Soho, Douglas House, 158 bus, tube, hackney carriages,forgot the name of the dance hall close by,all made fond memories of my experience with England and its people, culture,and way of life, priceless.Had a girlfriend from Harrow named Jeannine from France. Met her at the Service club dance. Very fond memories of her. God bless. Lou