Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip

Share your memories, look up old friends.

Third Air Force H.Q, South Ruislip
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flight Surgeon's Office, C-47 crash

Hi all,

I was stationed at South Ruislip from 1962 through 1965 and was an Aeromedic in the flight surgeons office. I spent a few months in the eye clinic as well. I also spent a lot of time taking U of Maryland classes and at the Douglas House and other spots around London. I would like to say hi to people I knew there.

I also flew out of RAF Northolt on Broken Arrow exercises where we would land at a base and make believe we crashed with a nuclear weapon abord and rate how they treated (or didn't treat)us.

I am also looking for anyone who has any information on the crash landing of the C-47 I was aboard. I am still searching for anyone who might have any knowledge, or knows where records might be kept, of the following crash. I was on a flight from RAF Northolt in England in a C-47 when it crash landed and ended up in a field past the runway at Chateauroux Air Station in France.

Although nobody died in the crash there was at least one serious injury. Nobody including the USAF seems to have any idea where the records of this crash are? I would appreciate any information you can give me.

It could have taken place in 1963 or 1964, however I believe that it happened in early 1965, possibly March.

I would like to find anyone who has any information on the crash or any ideas how I can find it. I can be reached at the e-mail address above or at (818) 831-2517. Thanks, Bill Sachs

Re: Flight Surgeon's Office, C-47 crash

Bill Sachs
Hi all,

I was stationed at South Ruislip from 1962 through 1965 and was an Aeromedic in the flight surgeons office. I spent a few months in the eye clinic as well. I also spent a lot of time taking U of Maryland classes and at the Douglas House and other spots around London. I would like to say hi to people I knew there.

I also flew out of RAF Northolt on Broken Arrow exercises where we would land at a base and make believe we crashed with a nuclear weapon abord and rate how they treated (or didn\\\'t treat)us.

I am also looking for anyone who has any information on the crash landing of the C-47 I was aboard. I am still searching for anyone who might have any knowledge, or knows where records might be kept, of the following crash. I was on a flight from RAF Northolt in England in a C-47 when it crash landed and ended up in a field past the runway at Chateauroux Air Station in France.

Although nobody died in the crash there was at least one serious injury. Nobody including the USAF seems to have any idea where the records of this crash are? I would appreciate any information you can give me.

It could have taken place in 1963 or 1964, however I believe that it happened in early 1965, possibly March.

I would like to find anyone who has any information on the crash or any ideas how I can find it. I can be reached at the e-mail address above or at (818) 831-2517. Thanks, Bill Sachs
Flight Surgeon's Office, C-47 crash

Hi,

I also flew out of RAF Northolt on Broken Arrow exercises where we would land at a base and make believe we crashed with a nuclear weapon aboard and rate how they treated (or didn't treat)us.

I would like to find anyone who has any information on the crash or any ideas how I can find it. I can be reached at bsachsla@gmail.com or at(818)212-9936. Thanks, Bill Sachs