Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

Forum: La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Carignan / Hilaire Limousin sights near Quebec City?

Hello!

I'm a direct descendant of Hilaire Limousin (dit Beaufort), the Carignan soldier who in 1671 married Antoinette Lefebvre, one of the Daughters of the King.

A few questions:

1. Is your society still active? It looked like the last post to these message forums was quite a while ago, so I wasn't sure. If I hear it's still active then I'll probably submit my documentation to become a full member.

2. I'm planning a visit to Quebec City in the near future. What sights would you recommend visiting which would be of historical relevance to the Carignan regiment, or better yet Hilaire himself? Is there a public plaque or monument somewhere listing every soldier's name? What about the place they would have been decommissioned or married?

3. This is a long shot, but has anyone managed to translate into modern street addresses the approximate locations of the properties where the various Carignan soldiers who remained in Quebec finally settled down? I know that Hilaire owned property in and eventually died in somewhere called Champlain, which was near Quebec City, but I can't find anything that seems like it might be it on any modern map.

4. This is another long shot, but one thing I couldn't find on ancestry.com (nor findagrave) was any indication of where Hilaire Limousin would have been buried. Where should I start looking for that information? Was there some location where most of the Carignan soldiers who remained near Quebec City would have been buried? Was it the custom to be buried on one's property with a simple wooden cross, which might not have stood the test of time?

5. Has anyone managed to figure out what happened to the ships which carried the Carignan soldiers from France? Specifically, I would love to find out what finally happened to the L'Aigle d'Or.

Any information anyone could provide on the above questions would certainly be appreciated. I did the best I could with all the relevant online tools I could find and still seem to be at a loss for good answers to any of them.

Sincerely,

Russell Brunelle

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com