Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

Forum: La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fille du Roi count

Quote: Nicole Descottes
Hi everyone. I think I have a very large repertoire of Fille du Roi ancestors that are my true great-grandmothers. I have counted at least 85. Now that something to make me smile.

Nicole! that is an amazing number! I am very impressed! I too have what I THOUGHT to be a large number, of 45, that I have found so far. many of whom also married Carignan Soldiers! and an uncounted (at this time) number of Carignan Soldiers, who did NOT marry King's Daughters, as well.

I did think that was pretty good, considering that French Canadian is "only" 1/2 of my heritage. and of that 1/2, one quarter I can't trace back far enuf to come close to knowing if I have more in those lines. it is certainly at least possible, altho I do THINK that at least one of those lines go back to Acadia. but I don't think that they all do. (I basically lose them in the 1800's in upstate NY when the records were all burned ).

I have been considering joining this organization for quite a while. the application process is the only thing putting me off. that and narrowing down who to join thru, I suppose!

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs