Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barrett family of Canada and NY

I was wondering if any members have done any geneology work on the Barrett family of Canada to NY.

I have hit a stone wall with this one. What I know is that my gg-grandfather, Camille Barrett was born about 1829 in Napierville, Quebec and he married an Octavia/Octavie Hebert/Raul on April 11, 1853 in St. Bernard Lacolle, Quebec. They had several children but their son Calixte Barrett is my g-grandfather and from what I found he was born in Plattsburg, NY between 1854-1858. His obit lists his parents as Camille Barrett and Octavia Raul? May be a typo. His death certificate states he died in 1937 and was 83 years old which makes his birth year 1854.

Any help will be appreciated. Please use the above e-mail address which has not been changed but isn't reflected in the membership list yet.

Re: Barrett family of Canada and NY

You likely have figured your Barrett ancestry by now but here is mine..

But as far as I can see the Barrette's (Barett) go back on my side to Guillaune and Tiphaine Carrey from Belizeville En Caux, Eure, Haute-Normandie, France

My grandmother is a Barrette from Quebec.