Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catherine Durand

Catherine Durand is my first direct descendant in Canada on my mother's maternal side. How can I find out more about her in particular, and her husband, Pierre Piche? Many thanks!

Re: Catherine Durand

You can find out more about your ancestor Catherine Durand either by reading about her in Peter Gagné's book, "King's Daughters and Founding Mothers: The Filles du Roi, 1663-1673," volume 1, p.235 (2001); and looking up other reference books that provide smaller amounts of similar information, such as brief entries in René Jetté's "Dictionnaire généalogique des Familles du Québec" (1983, in French) or Yves Landry's "Les Filles du roi au xvii'è siècle" (1992, in French); or, you could seek out copies of original records pertaining to your ancestor from the online archive from Quebec or at the Quebec archives. If you can't access or purchase Mr. Gagné's two volume set, please email me at dave@fillesduroi.org, and I'll send you some of the information.
Dave