Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Marguerite Roussel Ducheron, King's Daughter

I am a direct descendent of Marie Angelique Dardenne (b. 1682 Repentigny Quebec),the sister of Gilbert Dardenne who in 1704 at Louisiana, married Marguerite Burel, the daughter of your ancestors, Etienne Burel and Marguerite Roussel. Gilbert Dardenne was born at Montreal 31 Mar 1675 one of ten children of Rene Dardenne (b. 1640 at Larochelle France) and his wife Francoise Barbery (b. 1651 St. Germain, Paris France). Thank you for posting the information regarding Marguerite Burel and her family as I had been unaware of their origins. My ancestor Marie Angelique married Jean Francois Jerome Beaume Leblanc Latour, a Sergeant (later Captain) in the French militia originally from Bretagne (Brittany. If you would like more details regarding Gilbert Dardenne's family, I would be pleased to share what I have with you.
Regards, Sarrah Brown, Elliot Lake, Ontario Canada

Re: Marguerite Roussel Ducheron, King's Daughter

Greetings: Some of my French-Canadian ancestor families associated with 1700's, old up-river Mobile, Alabama: Parent, Binet, Chavalier, Badeau, Roussel, Burel, Barbier, Trudeau, de Liette (di Lietto), de Juzan (to Mobile via Haiti from France commanding marines), de Tonty (di Tonti), Meni, Vanier, Rochon, Vien, Matinier, Coudre/Cordrey, Ardouin, Nau, Loisel, Vison, Ducheron (kin), de Belestre (kin), Duluth (kin), de La Touretto (kin), La Papadiere (kin), Laurens (kin), Livoix (kin), Prau (kin), Colon dit La Violette, Arlu, Sautrais, Farmoux (?), La Vau, Ardouin. Think I've left some out? There is a French-Canadian, Founders of Old Mobile, Society, 11. S. Montery Street, Mobile, Alabama 36604 USA. Some of the Board are Michelle-Marie Couvillon, Sade Langlois Cutchen, Wm. L. Dolive, Dorenda A. Dupont, Stephanie D. Guillot, Fran Hollinger, Jeanne-Felicie Mercier, Walter J. Saucier, Thos. B. Van Antwerp, et al. Some accepted ancestors are: Vincent Alexandre dit Chenet, Jean-Baptiste Baudreau de Graveline, Etienne Burel (my ancestor), Maj. Francois Trudeau, Sr. (my ancestor), Jean-Baptiste Saucier, Nicolas Bodin, Pierre Babin dit La Source, Gabrielle Savary, Charles Rochon, Sr. (my ancestor), Jean-Baptiste Alexandre, Francois Pillet, Joseph Simon de La Pointe, Henriette Colon Rochon (my ancestress), Elizabeth Alexandre, Francois Guillory, Jacques Chauvin dit Mondon, and Claude Trepanier.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am a direct descendent of Marie Angelique Dardenne (b. 1682 Repentigny Quebec),the sister of Gilbert Dardenne who in 1704 at Louisiana, married Marguerite Burel, the daughter of your ancestors, Etienne Burel and Marguerite Roussel. Gilbert Dardenne was born at Montreal 31 Mar 1675 one of ten children of Rene Dardenne (b. 1640 at Larochelle France) and his wife Francoise Barbery (b. 1651 St. Germain, Paris France). Thank you for posting the information regarding Marguerite Burel and her family as I had been unaware of their origins. My ancestor Marie Angelique married Jean Francois Jerome Beaume Leblanc Latour, a Sergeant (later Captain) in the French militia originally from Bretagne (Brittany. If you would like more details regarding Gilbert Dardenne's family, I would be pleased to share what I have with you.
Regards, Sarrah Brown, Elliot Lake, Ontario Canada