Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

Forum: La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Founders of Old Mobile Society (Alabama USA)

French-Canadiam marine Maj. Francoise Trudeau, Sr., built old up-river (long defunct) Mobile, Alabama's first fort in 1702. His father, Etienne Trudeau, built forts in Canada. His father's 1600's fortified stone home in Canada still stands, today a restaurant; Montreal's, Auberge St. Gabriel. Maj. Trudeau's descendants had a plantation up-river of New Orleans (Oak Alley?), and descendant, Spanish service cavalry LtCol. Zenon Trudeau's home in the New Orleans French Quarter, Brulatour Courtyard, 520 Royal Street, still stands; owned by a Parishian, and operated as a jewelry store. A lovely, quaint structure. It's old address was 144-146 Royal Street, and once the site of WDSU; New Orleans first TV station. I think Zenon became the Lt.Gov. of "Upper" Louisiana, at St. Louis, Mo.? I descend Maj. Trudeau'
s Mobile daughter, Mdm. Marie Francois Trudeau de Juzan, wife of "Don Pedro", Pierre Francois Gabriel de Juzan, His Spanish Majesty's Indian Commissioner to Alabama. Old Don Pedro's last wife and young widow, Mdm. Pelagia Lorriens de Juzan; returned to her French-Canadian parents home on St. John's Bayou, New Orleans; now called the Old Spanish Customs House; the oldest still standing once private home in New Orleans.

The society's newsletter is "The Fleur de Lys"; 11 S. Monterey Street, Mobile, Alabama 36604. For more information see my squib, this forum, under "Ducheron", et al.

French-Canadian ancestor Etienne Burel, 1704, brought French "King's Daughters" from France to Mobile aboard the ship Pelican; and their descendants are called "Pelican Girls". New Orleans, alledgedly got a ship load of convicted Parisian prostitutes. I forget that ship's name; but I know of no New Orleans descendants society named after it? But had it gone to Australia, they would be proud of their convict ancestors there.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com