Return to Website

La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum

Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.

Forum: La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
membership conditions...are you kidding?

Hi,
I just ran across your site and organization, and your lists of filles and Carginan soldats have already proven useful in confirming my family's connection to them (16 filles and three soldats so far! And still counting!) I considered joining your organization until I ran across the following language in your membership application - sorry, but it's a showstopper to agree in advance to give the society blanket permission to do anything it pleases with the information someone would have to provide just to apply for membership. Your associate membership application contains similar, overly broad (imho) language. If the society reconsiders, so would I. I hope you do.
Regards, and thanks,
Steve

This application and all supporting documents become the property of La Société des filles du roi et soldats du Carignan, Inc. I give my permission for the society to publish all or any part of this application. I also give my permission for this application to be used by other researchers.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting