Have Your Say

Welcome to the village of Bobbington message forum. Please feel free to ask any questions, or to voice your opinion on anything relating to either the village of Bobbington or the web site in general.

Bobbington Village
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Oak development

Letter to clerk of Bobbington Parish Council.

I would like this application to make an approved scheme to the entrance to the site as the proposed entrance is far to close to the junction and left as it is will be an accident waiting to occur.

Has any restrictive covenants been placed to prevent any outhouses or other buildings being erected on the area which I believe will effectively become the rear gardens to these properties?

Further to the planning application submitted to the council for the Royal Oak public house, I would like to ascertain whether any reasonable checks have been done as to what the prospective buyer has got in mind for the car park?

My main issue given the above can be addressed is with the car park across the road.

I understand you cannot foresee any future application, but it seems very likely if not guaranteed that the prospective buyer will try and develop the car park and subsequent land behind the car park. I should imagine this will be purely to line their own pockets and will have no disregard for local residents or the area and will purely be a "let's see how many properties we can accommodate here" approach which will be detrimental to the area and local residents,

This same scenario is being played out across the country where it's simply a case of getting your leg in the door so to speak following which it is all systems go!

I think the most appropriate thing to do in this situation is to place a restrictive covenant on the car park and adjoining land to ensure it will remain untouched and unspoilt by the pub development. Any objections by the prospective buyer against this would undoubtably prove his/her plans to develop this land. It should also be noted that the car park and subsequent land behind it is considered green belt and therefore should not even be allowed permission to do anything other than preserve the land however I do feel since the car park is already paved and has been for many years, this would only favour the prospective buyer in debating and arguing the paved land section is not green belt and hence push forward with any future planning application to develop this land with perhaps maybe utilising the land behind for gardens or similar use.

Therefore in my opinion, should planning be granted to convert the Royal Oak then this planning application should be made with the objectins I have stated above and further a restrictive covenant of preserving the car park and subsequent land and/or donating this land to the council to preserve in order to prevent any present or future developments taking place. Again, this will be detrimental to the area and residents and will be another section of the beautiful greenbelt lost to the greed of another local developer.
------
Why is it the prospective buyer or their agent have made no attempt to answer any of these concerns or the issue relating to turning the car park into a building site?

Staying mute on this subject is only aggrevating the situation and the council could do well to understand that!

WE DO NOT WANT A BUILDING SITE DEVELOPMENT AND WE DO NOT WANT ADDITIONAL HOUSING. WILL THE COUNCIL TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN?

How can highways not object to the bin issue (9 bins for 3 properties) on the junction corner? Something is not right here and everyone seems to be staying tight lipped!

I am still awaiting the council to display the comments from the withdrawn application on this pending one.

Re: Royal Oak development

I share all your sentiments, in fact I would go as far as
say that I have very disappointed that yet another public house in the
area is to be allowed to be developed.
I grew up in Bobbington and in my day, the Royal Oak played a significant part of the community, many people met there and a number of charity events (including ' the bike race') started there

It will be such a shame to see it go.

I here marstons have now closed the pub down, presumably to favour and assist this planning application. No doubt they have been influenced by the buyer in some way shape or form! I guess nothing is stopping the application from proceeding now. My view is there should be some definitive conditions placed that will hinder any possible future development on the car park land. Even though this land is classed as green belt since the car park is already tarmaced will be a possible get out clause for the buyer who no doubt will argue till his blue in the teeth as to why he should be allowed to develop on solely the tarmaced area! By the way, I here it's the folks from halfpenny green golf club that are buying! Such a travesty! One would think they would want to preserve local heritage!

Look What happened to the "Smithy" put a caravan on the site for a while then claim it residential and change the smithy into a cottage.?
Now look at the "Seven Stars"at Seisdon,turn the pub into a house the build 3 houses on the car park do you not think the same will happen in Halfpenny green.?