Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
first transatlantic crossing

I am looking to make my first crossing from Europe to the United States. I have many years of sailing experience, but mainly in the Gulf of Mexico and on the east coast of the United States. Any information, advice, or helpful websites would be appreciated.

Re: first transatlantic crossing

I can think of two ways for you to do it. One is to find a boat that is doing it trough people you know or the web, or, in my opinion the more adventurous way, to go either to Gibraltar on or around the middle of October or the Canary Islands around the middle of November and walk the docks. The later method will give you a better knowledge of the boat and the crew you will be sailing with.

Good Luck
Maurizio

p.s. Bring lotsof books

Drew

http://www.worldcruising.com This is the website for the organisers of the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (the ARC). This event leaves the Canary Isles for St Lucia every November with around 220 boats. Lots of people hitch a ride with a boat. There is a message forum there for skippers and crew looking to get organised.

Mike

www.sailbvi.net

Look at www.inspirationyachtcharter.com
I crossed the atlantic with them last year for the ARC - great boat and fun crew

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum