Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
St. Lucia - Where Can I Moor or Anchor? Can this Girl get some help?

We have a 50' Magnum motor yacht. Does anyone kindly know if I can moor or anchor near Anse de Pitons or somewhere else between Gros Piton and Black Bay?

My employer wants me to hire a captain to bring his Magnum to him. He has a villa near Jalousie beach, but I understand Anse de Piton is part of St. Lucia Marine Mgmnt area. My chart info notes small boats are allowed to moor in Anse de Piton but I am not sure about the 50' yacht.

How far offshore can I be?

I do not know much about yachting, am starting now and learning. It's part of my job now to learn.

I've got MapTech chartkits but haven't been to St. Lucia yet.

Thanks,
Chantal

Re: St. Lucia - Where Can I Moor or Anchor? Can this Girl get some help?

Chantal ~ I would contact St. Lucia MM at their website or phone. Anyone else familiar with St. Lucia? I've been to the Grenadines alot but haven't crossed north & windward of teh St. Vincent's Passage.

Good luck & V.Nice yacht!

Sean Reilly
@Union Island

Re: St. Lucia - Where Can I Moor or Anchor? Can this Girl get some help?

I currently have a 45 Leopard in St Lucia at Marigot Harbor not far from Anse de Piton. The answer is maybe.... depends on who you deal with and activity at the time. With that said a 50 ft. should be able to moor. I have been in and out with my 45. If you need additional info please email me. If you need delivery I am available..
Bill

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum